Strengthening Philanthropy in the Mountain State is the mission of Philanthropy West Virginia. In serving its 80 plus members, Philanthropy West Virginia is pleased to announce its 2020 Board of Directors Officers & Executive Team.
Four philanthropy leaders from corporate, private, and community foundations have been elected to lead the state leadership organization serving grantmaking foundations, corporate giving, and private donors. The newly elected 2020 Philanthropy WV Board Leadership includes:
- Board Chair: Samuel “Tres” Ross, III Executive Director for The Ross Foundation
- Board Vice-Chair: Adam Sanders, President for Roy & Gwen Steeley Foundation
- Board Secretary: Marian Clowes, Associate Director of Community Leadership for the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation & Regional Affiliates
- Board Treasurer: Mike Lewis, Vice President & Wealth Advisor for United Bank
- Immediate Past Chair: Robert Orndorff, Policy Director for Dominion Energy
“Philanthropy West Virginia is honored to have a distinguished board executive committee who contributes diverse perspectives, energy, and results for philanthropy and strengthening West Virginia,” shares Paul D. Daugherty, President & CEO of Philanthropy West Virginia. He adds, “We are excited by the commitment and impact of our leadership team and entire board in strengthening our state and philanthropy’s impact in our communities.”
Philanthropy West Virginia is the state’s leadership organization serving grantmaking foundations, corporate giving programs/foundations, individual philanthropists, and professional advisors. With a diverse membership of 80 large and small foundations and companies, Philanthropy West Virginia delivers award-winning professional development, collaborations, and networking for the board members, trustees, CEOs, staff, and advisors of the grantmaking organizations to improve their effectiveness and impact in giving.