- This event has passed.
Education Funders Affinity Group Meeting
July 21, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Join Philanthropy West Virginia’s Education Affinity Group for its Summer Virtual Meeting on July 21, 2020 from 9 to 11 AM.
Philanthropy West Virginia’s Education Affinity Group (EAG) is a member-driven coalition of foundations, companies, and donors focused on education grant making and student success at all levels. We are committed to enhancing lifelong student success and equity from per-K through adulthood.
Building off our recent national success. Our Summer EAG Meeting will discuss the national funder commitment as well as address COVID-19 response for our students of all ages. Our July 21, 2020 program includes:
- Briefing from the WV Department of Education on needs (student, technology, nutrition, etc.)
- Plans for autumn 2020-2021 school year for public Pre-K through 12
- Update on how school systems are using CARES Act Funds
- Gap identification and philanthropy partner opportunities
- Overview of collaborative fund created by Benedum and TGKVF to support school system’s summer remediation and/or re-entry plans
- Updates on collaborative areas: Grade Level Reading, WV Climb, and National Funder Engagement
To attend the Philanthropy WV EAG, you can register by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is free for Philanthropy WV members and $50.00 for non-members.
All Philanthropy West Virginia members are welcome to be a part of the EAG which hosts quarterly meetings, collaborates among funders to advance education priorities, engages national funders, and tracks/educates on education policy.