- This event has passed.
POSTPONED: 21st Century Grantmakers Essentials Program
December 12, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - December 13, 2019 @ 3:00 pm
Please note that this event has been postponed until after the New Year, the new dates will be announced soon!
Whether you are new to grantmaking or just want to hone your skills you won’t want to miss out on this exciting program where you will learn about:
- Philanthropic Landscape – get to know one another and put your foundation or giving program within the broader context of philanthropy
- Working your Guidelines & Communicating Funding Priorities – reflect on your organization’s areas of interests and goals, as well as how to communicate those with potential grantees and partners
- Funding Recommendations & Due Diligence – learn the art of grantmaking, balancing organizational values and goals, trustees’ interests, and best practices in due diligence to better review and recommend grant proposals
- Maximizing Grant Impact – connect capacity building, advocacy, grantee engagement, and diversity/inclusion to effectiveness and identifying leadership roles in philanthropy beyond delivering dollars.
- Managing Your Grant Portfolio – discuss grant monitoring, evaluation, and closure – including what to do with grantees flounder.
- And More!
To register and pay using a credit or debit card click here (please note that a service fee will be applied to the total).
You may also register and pay using a check by downloading THIS form and mailing with your payment to Philanthropy WV, PO Box 1584, Morgantown, WV 26505
Exciting News! We have a limited number of scholarships available for this event!
Download the scholarship application here. Email your completed application to email@example.com by December 3rd.
This seminar will be hosted at the Saint John XXIII Pastoral Center located at 100 Hodges Road, Charleston, WV 25314. If you wish to stay onsite their rooms are very affordable at just $63 per night (or $68 per night with a TV in the room). If you wish to make reservervations you can do so by calling: 1.304.720.8310, be sure to mention that you are with the Philanthropy WV 21st Century Grantmakers Essentials training. Looking for more amenities? The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston-Southridge is located just 3 miles down the road.